SURPRISED!!! IT’S LIVE!!!!! GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
Callisto Carvanis: And A Legacy Was Born (Dark Indiscretions Chronicles, Book 1)
Photographer and Model: Mandy Hollis
Cover Designer: Cover to Cover Designs
What do you do when your parents have laid out your life for you? Do you accept those plans or make one of your own?
You met her in Dark Indiscretions: A Prequel and now delve further into the mind of a predator.
Take the journey as Callisto Carvanis becomes not only the first female Mooyer Society member but the head of the Carvanis family as well.
Witness how the lies, betrayals, and secrets turned her into one of the monsters … and find out how a legacy was born.
Release date: Dec 15, 2015
Special price of $2.99 until Dec. 26th price goes up to $3.99
Callisto Carvanis Sneak Peak
After weeks of nothing, I’m finally back in the writing cave pumping out word after word. I started this story last year after first writing the character in Dark Indiscretions: A Prequel…I knew I wanted more of her. I just couldn’t let her go. Now she’s finally getting to tell the rest of her story aside from that small glimpse you were shown in A Prequel. There is so much more to Callisto than meets the eyes and I can’t wait to share her with the rest of the world. For now enjoy this extended sneak peek into the life of a Legacy!
From chapter 5…
Callisto took a bite of the meat and potatoes her mother had made and moan. It was so good. Say what you wanted about Reagan Carvanis but the woman could cook her butt off. Callisto hoped to one day be at least half the cook her mother was. She was slowly learning all her mother’s receipes but she doubted she cooked them as good as she did. Practice made perfect and Callisto strived for nothing but perfection since the day she was born. She had no doubts she would master the art of cooking soon as well.
“This is delicious Mother,” Callisto moaned out.
A resounding agreement was heard from her brothers and father. Her mother had seriously out done herself this time. Everything was melting in Callisto’s mouth.
“I can’t wait until you teach me this recipe. It’s one of my favorite meals.”
“You are very welcome Callisto and thank you,” Reagan said. “I’m glad you are enjoying your birthday dinner. If you think that is good, just wait until dessert.”
Callisto’s stomach rumbled in appreciation and she had to convince herself not to stuff food in her mouth faster than she’d be able to chew it. Callisto really wanted to talk about the society but her mother forbade such talk at her dinner table so they were resigned to eat in mostly silence.
“Will there still be a party tomorrow Mother,” Callisto asked to fill in the silence.
“Yes, the wives and I have set everything up. Your grandmother is very excited for it. A double birthday celebration for Christian and you. It was all we could do to keep you two a part from each other today. You’ve never went this long without being around each other.”
“I miss him terribly. I can’t wait to see him tomorrow. I want to hear all about his day since I missed the entire thing,” Callisto pouted.
“You two are awful. What ever will you do once your grown and have children of your own,” David teased.
“Our children will be the best of friends just like we are. Marriage won’t separate us from each other.”
Callisto watched as all her brothers rolled their eyes at her and went back to their dinners. They always teased her about being too attached to Christian. They didn’t know anything. Christian was hers, she just knew it.
“Leave your sister alone boys. It’s nothing wrong with her spending a lot of time with Christian. Although now that his Mooyer training will be starting in the next day or two, you won’t be spending as much time together,” Caden said.
I dropped my fork noisy on my plate.
“What do you mean I won’t get to see him?”
“Girls aren’t allowed in the society, you know that,” Reagan said.
“But why can’t we train together?”
“The training the boys receives is very different from the girls, Cal,” Caden Jr said.
“It’s not fair. I want to train with Christian. Why can’t we train together?”
“Don’t be ridiculous Callisto. Eat your food so we can open the rest of your presents,” Reagan scowled.
“NO! It’s not fair.”
Callisto picked her plate up and threw it down on the ground.
So what are you thoughts? I really hope everyone enjoys the first book in the Dark Indiscretions: Chronicles series. It is a spin-off of the Dark Indiscretions series. So far I only have four plan and Callisto’s is the only that coincides with the Dark Indiscretions timeline by the end of the book…the rest will take place before the events of Dark Indiscretions book one. They are more backstories of characters then anything else. Until next time. Now back to writing.
Projects I’m Working On
Well with summer fast approaching I figured I’d take a few minutes to update you all on what projects I will be and I’m working on…so freaking many that’s what! LOL, but seriously I’ll give you guys a rundown of the projects I’m working on in the next few months to a year…yes I have things planned that far out in advance…I mean I have 4 books signings for next year lined up already. And just because they are next year doesn’t mean I can slack off with preparations. Those babies will be here before you know it! So in typical OCD behavior for me…I’m going to do this in list format 🙂
- Exclusive member ONLY content – I will be posting open discussions about Dark Indiscretions past, present, and future…member only giveaways and content will be posted in this part of the blog. You will need to have a log in to access this information. Sometimes there might be spoilers so if you haven’t started the series you are going to want to stay away from this part of the site.
- The last three books in Dark Indiscretions – Rumspringa will be releasing July 3rd 2015 and I will be releasing the last two book Triple Cursed and Past Hunted by Spring 2016…I hope to get Triple Cursed out before this year is over around November/December and then I will be starting on Pasted Hunted once Triple Cursed is done and I plan to have it to you all before April/May 2016…but as it will be the last in the series I don’t want to rush it as I want things wrapped up. I do no have an other book directly linked to this series arc planned but I hope to do Dark Morsels which I will talk about in a bit…stay tuned!
- Callisto Carvanis: And A Legacy Was Born – this is the first in the spin-off of Dark Indiscretions that gives a bit more insight into certain characters that I couldn’t go fully into during Dark Indiscretions Series as there wasn’t a good place to add it. It will be a sort of companion read along side Dark Indiscretions…you can read Callisto without having read Dark Indiscretions but you are going to want to read Dark Indiscretions once you dive into Callisto if that makes sense. She will be releasing September 5, 2105.
Pre Order – Amazon special $1.99 until July 1st, 2015 then will be $3.99
- Dark Indiscretions Insider’s Guide – That’s right peeps! I will be doing an insider’s guide of all things Dark Indiscretions…I have been working on it for the last year…updating it every time a new book comes outs…it will have all kinds of cool stuff…timelines, family trees, exclusive content and conversations, deleted scenes, characters/species charts…you name it, it will be in there…it will be available in ebook and exclusively in Hardback for signings…I may do paperback as well but not sure yet. More info to come next year 🙂
- Looking For Love – A Red Moon Killer Novel – I will be working on my first serial killer thriller after Dark Indiscretions Series is complete…Lark Adams, author or Twisted Eventide and owner of Wycked Ink did the cover for me….you saw it here first folks!!!
- Mythology Anthology – That’s right…I’m working on another one of these bad boys 🙂 It’s coming next year in June 2016…keep on the lookout. I will be making a Facebook page for it very soon…
- July 4th author ebook bash – Join the event for ebook giveaways galore!!! Just click here…Giveaways will be up all weekend to give everyone a chance to enter.
- 4 book signings – That’s right folks! You will have 4 chances to meet me next year 🙂
– Rock and Read: Vegas Author Signing – Jan. 16, 2016
– Angels and Sirens Author Event Pittsburgh, PA – Mar. 12, 2016
– Booking In Biloxi – Mississippi Mar. 19, 2016
– Claddagh Author Event Dublin – Oct. 8, 2017
I hope to see you all at one or all of these! I will have special swag for each that you will only be able to get there 🙂 I’m also sponsoring a few of these events so there will be exclusive swag from me in the VIP bags 🙂
- Poetry – I plan to release another book of poems but this time with more poems in the set…I’m thinking between 30-50…not sure yet when it will be release but I will def keep you guys posted.
- Dark Morsels – exclusive member ONLY content will figure crazy antics from everyone you love in the Dark Indiscretions world…from conversations, spells, or more secrets revealed…you will need a log in to access this part of the blog as well 🙂
- The Mooyer Society – exclusive member ONLY content and will have all things Mooyer Society that you won’t get from the books. From the training packets, to the underhanded practices, and just all things secret society! You will also have exclusive giveaways for Mooyer Society trinkets like the chocker that is for sell in my store on my website. There will also be a way for you to become an honorary member of the society if you are #TeamMooyer over #TeamTarnished (the name the society has given the paranormal species)
- The Out Of Time Series – is the next series I have planned after Dark Indiscretions is complete…I have a few notes outlined and I plan for it to be 6 books. It is Sci-Fi M/M with a bit of paranormal thrown in…I will be doing this series different as I plan to have all books completed before releasing any at all…right now the tentative release of book 1 is 2017…but before that I will release a companion guide to introduce you to this new world…I’m nervous and excited as it’s like nothing I’ve done or will do in my writing…I have all the covers done and they will be revealed in the companion…
- What’s out now! – Click here to see all books I currently have out. Most are KDP exclusive, meaning you can borrow them for FREE! Please leave reviews regardless of if you loved or hated the books! I want to know your honest opinions…I can’t grow as a writer if I don’t know what you all are enjoying or not! I have also release my first non-fiction piece called Letters To Kyle…it is in ebook only and will be in audio very soon 🙂 I just love Hillary’s voice. She did an amazing jobs not only on my poems but she brought life into Letters To Kyle!
- A year break – yes that’s right…I will be taking a break to work on The Out Of Time Series and to grow as an author…I will still be online and all my works that are out will still be available and I will still be at any signings I can. I promise…I just might not release as much or at all in this time. I will still be posting the exclusive content on the blog and posting things on my Facebook page. I’m not going anywhere I promise…I just need to get all these WIPs under control 🙂
That’s all the updates I have for now…I will be using my blog or at least attempting to A LOT more this summer…especially with the exclusive content stuff so make sure you are subscribed and you comment, like, and share my ramblings…