As I work on the rewrite of my first book ever published, in the mist of all that has been thrown my way this summer I’ve lost my motivation. The drive or spark is gone. Not sure if it will even come back. I can’t focus enough to see if the voices are gone, as personal issues have either drowned them out or they’ve gone silent. Either way it sucks. Hell it’s all I can do to muster up the brain and willpower to write this blog post. I’ve taken breaks, I tried to read for clarity, and I’ve even watched a movie or five. Still nada. Zip. Zero. Worse part, I’m not even freaking out about the voices in my head going rouge. I still have a series to finish, a new one to start, and countless other WIPs that have one to three chapters written. Obviously my brain needs this little break from reality and I can only hope once I get my mojo back it will all have been worth it in the end. I really want to be writing but I also don’t want to force out nonsense just to say I am writing. IF that makes sense. This summer has been one of the hardest so far and I can only hope I can hold on to my sanity for the next 5 1/2 weeks until we transition into the fall and school starts back up. Hopefully you writers out there are having better luck than me as I know a lot of you are also participating in NaNo this month as well. Anyways, here’s to August! May you breeze by and September be upon us before you know it!
Projects I’m Working On
Well with summer fast approaching I figured I’d take a few minutes to update you all on what projects I will be and I’m working on…so freaking many that’s what! LOL, but seriously I’ll give you guys a rundown of the projects I’m working on in the next few months to a year…yes I have things planned that far out in advance…I mean I have 4 books signings for next year lined up already. And just because they are next year doesn’t mean I can slack off with preparations. Those babies will be here before you know it! So in typical OCD behavior for me…I’m going to do this in list format 🙂
- Exclusive member ONLY content – I will be posting open discussions about Dark Indiscretions past, present, and future…member only giveaways and content will be posted in this part of the blog. You will need to have a log in to access this information. Sometimes there might be spoilers so if you haven’t started the series you are going to want to stay away from this part of the site.
- The last three books in Dark Indiscretions – Rumspringa will be releasing July 3rd 2015 and I will be releasing the last two book Triple Cursed and Past Hunted by Spring 2016…I hope to get Triple Cursed out before this year is over around November/December and then I will be starting on Pasted Hunted once Triple Cursed is done and I plan to have it to you all before April/May 2016…but as it will be the last in the series I don’t want to rush it as I want things wrapped up. I do no have an other book directly linked to this series arc planned but I hope to do Dark Morsels which I will talk about in a bit…stay tuned!
- Callisto Carvanis: And A Legacy Was Born – this is the first in the spin-off of Dark Indiscretions that gives a bit more insight into certain characters that I couldn’t go fully into during Dark Indiscretions Series as there wasn’t a good place to add it. It will be a sort of companion read along side Dark Indiscretions…you can read Callisto without having read Dark Indiscretions but you are going to want to read Dark Indiscretions once you dive into Callisto if that makes sense. She will be releasing September 5, 2105.
Pre Order – Amazon special $1.99 until July 1st, 2015 then will be $3.99
- Dark Indiscretions Insider’s Guide – That’s right peeps! I will be doing an insider’s guide of all things Dark Indiscretions…I have been working on it for the last year…updating it every time a new book comes outs…it will have all kinds of cool stuff…timelines, family trees, exclusive content and conversations, deleted scenes, characters/species charts…you name it, it will be in there…it will be available in ebook and exclusively in Hardback for signings…I may do paperback as well but not sure yet. More info to come next year 🙂
- Looking For Love – A Red Moon Killer Novel – I will be working on my first serial killer thriller after Dark Indiscretions Series is complete…Lark Adams, author or Twisted Eventide and owner of Wycked Ink did the cover for me….you saw it here first folks!!!
- Mythology Anthology – That’s right…I’m working on another one of these bad boys 🙂 It’s coming next year in June 2016…keep on the lookout. I will be making a Facebook page for it very soon…
- July 4th author ebook bash – Join the event for ebook giveaways galore!!! Just click here…Giveaways will be up all weekend to give everyone a chance to enter.
- 4 book signings – That’s right folks! You will have 4 chances to meet me next year 🙂
– Rock and Read: Vegas Author Signing – Jan. 16, 2016
– Angels and Sirens Author Event Pittsburgh, PA – Mar. 12, 2016
– Booking In Biloxi – Mississippi Mar. 19, 2016
– Claddagh Author Event Dublin – Oct. 8, 2017
I hope to see you all at one or all of these! I will have special swag for each that you will only be able to get there 🙂 I’m also sponsoring a few of these events so there will be exclusive swag from me in the VIP bags 🙂
- Poetry – I plan to release another book of poems but this time with more poems in the set…I’m thinking between 30-50…not sure yet when it will be release but I will def keep you guys posted.
- Dark Morsels – exclusive member ONLY content will figure crazy antics from everyone you love in the Dark Indiscretions world…from conversations, spells, or more secrets revealed…you will need a log in to access this part of the blog as well 🙂
- The Mooyer Society – exclusive member ONLY content and will have all things Mooyer Society that you won’t get from the books. From the training packets, to the underhanded practices, and just all things secret society! You will also have exclusive giveaways for Mooyer Society trinkets like the chocker that is for sell in my store on my website. There will also be a way for you to become an honorary member of the society if you are #TeamMooyer over #TeamTarnished (the name the society has given the paranormal species)
- The Out Of Time Series – is the next series I have planned after Dark Indiscretions is complete…I have a few notes outlined and I plan for it to be 6 books. It is Sci-Fi M/M with a bit of paranormal thrown in…I will be doing this series different as I plan to have all books completed before releasing any at all…right now the tentative release of book 1 is 2017…but before that I will release a companion guide to introduce you to this new world…I’m nervous and excited as it’s like nothing I’ve done or will do in my writing…I have all the covers done and they will be revealed in the companion…
- What’s out now! – Click here to see all books I currently have out. Most are KDP exclusive, meaning you can borrow them for FREE! Please leave reviews regardless of if you loved or hated the books! I want to know your honest opinions…I can’t grow as a writer if I don’t know what you all are enjoying or not! I have also release my first non-fiction piece called Letters To Kyle…it is in ebook only and will be in audio very soon 🙂 I just love Hillary’s voice. She did an amazing jobs not only on my poems but she brought life into Letters To Kyle!
- A year break – yes that’s right…I will be taking a break to work on The Out Of Time Series and to grow as an author…I will still be online and all my works that are out will still be available and I will still be at any signings I can. I promise…I just might not release as much or at all in this time. I will still be posting the exclusive content on the blog and posting things on my Facebook page. I’m not going anywhere I promise…I just need to get all these WIPs under control 🙂
That’s all the updates I have for now…I will be using my blog or at least attempting to A LOT more this summer…especially with the exclusive content stuff so make sure you are subscribed and you comment, like, and share my ramblings…
We Are Human Too
I’ve been a writer practically all my life and I’ve been an author since Dec 2013. Since then I’ve seen a whole other side to the book world. Things that I would have never thought were a factor. So much unnecessary pettiness and jealousy. As an author we are expected to be these flawless creatures when the truth is we are not…we are human too! *Gasp* What do you mean?
I mean we are not perfect! We have bad days, good days, and in between days just like everyone else. We are expected to be these little balls of sunshine and light, when the truth is some of us are awkward, don’t like to socialize, and day dream 95% of our time. We aren’t intentional trying to be rude or come off as being too good for anyone else. What we are is human. And with being human it’s a fact that we will not do or say the right thing all the time. Sometimes we have just had enough and we snap. No warning…and it’s not because of one thing. It’s many things bottled up together and you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the dam broke. You end up drowning in the backlash because you happened to be the poor unfortunate soul that was the last one to cross the line and we’d had enough.
But once this happens we end up being the bad guy. The drama queen. The one who doesn’t play well with others. But what everyone seems to forget is that we are human too. Everyone’s had a bad day on the job and lost their cool. Authors are no different but yet we are held on this pedestal and the one time we fall from it, the world suddenly seems to stop spinning and everyone losses their collective minds and the “she’s a bitch”, “I can’t believe she said that”, “I’ll never buy her books again” talk goes from 0 to 60 within the blink of an eye.
Someone says something negatively about us and we’re expected to sit there and take it. Someone steals something from us, we aren’t supposed to react in a way that is thought to be distasteful. And the list goes on and on and on. Now I understand everyone has opinions and they are entitled to them but with that being said, it seems everyone is entitled to their voice except authors because people buy our books. They want to be treated like customers but when you treat them like customers they still aren’t happy. They want the customer service and common courtesy aspect of purchasing our books but yet they want us to be approachable. However when we allow ourselves to become comfortable in their presence and share our lives with them, the first time we do something they deem inappropriate according to their standards they become enraged and shun not only us but our work. They say we should be more professional and our attitudes suck but what they fail to realize is we’ve taken them into our circle and have shown them the person behind the mask. However since that person isn’t who they wanted or thought they were all hell breaks loose. Then we are told to sit back and let someone drag us through the mud all because they paid the $2.99-$4.99 four our digital books. So we can no longer be human because a price has been added to our name?
You can’t have say you want us to interact and engage with you more but when we do so in a way you don’t want, immediately try to ruin us because we haven’t conformed to the standard you believe we should. We are human too and that means we are complex and most of us our set in our ways. I’ve never agreed with the concept that I had to like a person to enjoy their talent. My motto has always been “unless you directly burn me, do you boo boo.” Who am I to demand a person act/be/portray themselves in a certain way because I purchased a book from them? No one that’s who. If I don’t like something someone says I move on. I don’t need to bash everything about them because they don’t believe the way I believe or do things the way I would do them. Sometimes I think social media has ruin a good thing. It’s ruined the mystery and intrigue and it’s put people into tiny glass houses that can be crushed at the slightest perceived wrong.
A lot of people will probably be offended by my words and I may even lose a few readers, co-workers, etc but I don’t care. I’m tired of standing in the background and watching people say they are letting someone else chase them from their dreams. I’m tired of watching videos of fellow authors in tears because of something someone’s said or lied about them and now they are devastated. I’m tired of people believing they have the right to say whatever they want to an author because they purchased their book/s. If that is the case then please don’t purchase mine. I am not for sell. My behavior is not for sale. My obedience is not for sale. The last time a person believed because they spend money on someone they had the right to tell them what to do, how to act, and what to believe, I’m pretty sure it was called SLAVERY and I will not be a slave to anyone. The day I even feel like I am a slave to what is my passion I will pull everything that is me from the internet as best I can and take my life back.
Spending money on a product doesn’t make you the owner of the person who developed it. Purchasing music or a movie doesn’t give me the right to tell the artist or actors how they should be living their life. They did a job and they were paid. How they behave outside of that is frankly none of my damn business.
The next time you decided to speak about something that an author does and you don’t like/think they should have done please…if you remember nothing else…remember this one thing: WE ARE HUMAN TOO!!!