Title: Abby’s Heart (Hidden Springs Series #3)
Author: Kristine Raymond
Genre: Historical Western Romance
Release Date: February 15, 2014
Abby Prescott is a proper young lady who has never ventured far from home. She travels West to attend her aunt’s wedding and suddenly finds herself captivated by the beautiful, rugged landscape as well as the attention from not one, but two men.
Malcolm ‘Boots’ Dunn is a young man who is on top of the world. He has re-opened Cooper’s Mine – a gold mine that has been closed up for more than twenty years. Fun-loving and easy-going, pretty Abby Prescott catches his eye and he knows that she is the one for him.
Simon Archer is a solemn, hard-working man who spends his days apprenticing as a blacksmith and his nights dreaming for a woman to share his life with. When he meets Abby, he knows that she is the woman of his dreams and he will stop at nothing to have her.
As both men vie for Abby’s affections, she innocently encourages their advances with disastrous consequences. When the dust settles, which one will win Abby’s heart?
He lifted her up and swung her around in a circle. She held onto his shoulders, feeling dizzy as he spun her around. After several rotations, he set her back down on the ground but didn’t remove his hands from her waist. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she kept her hands on his shoulders and as her head cleared, she suddenly realized that he was looking at her intently. Her eyes widened in surprise as he leaned his head towards her, then closed when she felt the brush of his lips on hers. The tingling sensation that she had felt in the tunnel was now magnified and as he brushed his lips softly against her mouth, a feeling of warmth spread through her body. She had never been kissed before but she had imagined many times what it would be like. This kiss was so much better than her imaginings. All too soon Boots pulled away, his hands still on her waist. “Is it okay that I kissed you? I know that I should have asked for your permission but you are so beautiful, I just couldn’t help myself.”
Ducking her head so that he wouldn’t see her blush, she responded, “Yes, it’s okay. It was very nice. And just so you know, if you had asked, I would’ve said ‘yes’.”
About the Author
Kristine Raymond loves to read and that naturally transformed into a love of writing. She has always been a fan of the Old West and lived in Arizona for several years, where she was able to appreciate the beauty and history of the region.
She has released two books in the Hidden Springs series and is currently working on her third. When she is not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband and furry family, and occasionally watches a TV western or two.
Purchase Her Other Books Today
Signed paperback of Abby’s Heart (US Only) & Winner’s choice of an ebook by Kristine Raymond direct to Kindle
20 Fun Facts About Kristine Raymond
1. I don’t fly…in airplanes. I don’t fly not in airplanes, either.
2. I use a computer mouse upside down. I’ve tried to learn how to use it the way other people do…my brain is not wired that way.
3. I’m a vegetarian
3. I’ve never ridden in a convertible …with the top up or down
4. I wear socks all of the time…even in the summer. Love the aloe infused ones!
5. My socks have to match
6. The first thing I do when I get home is take off my shoes
7. I used to own a pig named Wilbur
8. I hate to exercise
9. I own six different exercise machines
10. I was raised near the ocean
11. I cry when I visit the ocean
12. I still read children’s books that I liked as a kid
13. I love Disney animated movies …the original ones like Bambi and Sleeping Beauty
14. I have seen a real roadrunner …I was disappointed when he didn’t say “Beep Beep”
15. I don’t wear make-up
16. I like to eat the same thing, day after day, for weeks until I become sick of it…then I won’t eat it again for a year
17. I have tablets of paper and bunches of pens all over my house. It never fails that when I need to write something down, I end up using a napkin and then promptly misplace it
18. I love to be organized
19. My office is so disorganized
20. I finally started listening to the voices in my head …and became an author.