Well this is my first nomination for a Liebster Award and I’m thrilled. My little old blog got a mention. Thank you Jae for the nomination…
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to) followers to answer your questions
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
Here are the questions Jae asked me:
1. If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? Why?
I would be able to read other people’s mind because rarely does someone say exactly what they are thinking. This would be handy when dealing with the opposite sex. They sometimes like to just ignore a girl versus telling them the truth: that they are just not that into them.
2. What would you do if you won the lottery? Why?
I would work because I wanted to and not because it was necessary. I want to be a Child Psychologist and I’m and an Indie Author. Even though I am very passionate about both, it would elevate a lot of stress that trying to make a living with less than stellar wages causes. I could spend more hours of the day writing than having to balance between writing, promoting my own stuff, and trying to find someone who didn’t charge outrageous amounts of money for cover, promos, and such. I could help more children if I had the funds necessary to raise awareness and help fund programs. I would also put a bit of money away so I can stay living comfortably and help out a few people who’ve helped me along the way.
3. Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Why?
I’d rather trade some looks for intelligence. I think I have been fairly blessed with both because I’m pretty and smart. You can never be too smart because as we get older outside beauty will fade but having a sharp mind and great conversation goes a long way.
4. What is your nationality?
I’m multi national and I love it. That I know of I’m black, white, Irish, Indian (don’t ask me which or how much lol), and various other European nationalities. I love it. I believe no one is one thing anyway. There was so much intermingling with different nationalist over the centuries (forced or voluntary) that we are all one big mixture.
5. If you were prime minister/ruler of the world what laws would you make? Why?
Mm, that’s a tough one. One would be adequate childcare and more careful screening, especially of parents who have been called out. I would like social workers to focus more on these incidents and would ensure they had the resources available to do so as well as the time. So much stuff is gone unnoticed because our people are overworked and stressed. Not that I think it should need to be a law (people should have common decency) but people would be able to love who they wanted and marry or not if they wanted without there being any outrage. What people do in their personal lives doesn’t always affect you in any way. We need to stop acting like it does. I would make sure our first line of defense (military) would be taken care of the way they should. They would have use of the rights and freedoms they fight for everyday for everyone else to have. If they didn’t agree with something I said it would be their right. As long as no one was threating anyone they would be able to state their opinions without fear of punishment. I wouldn’t allow prosecution or job loss over things that people see as morally wrong (cheating for example). As long as there was no murder, rape, and things of that nature it’s no ones business what goes on between two people. I could go on and on…
6. Which form of public transport do you prefer? Why?
My own car, I don’t have to wait on anyone or anything besides traffic. I can make my own schedule and not have to rush to meet someone else’s. I don’t have to be searched or scanned or anything else crazy to take myself someplace.
7. Have you ever been approached by someone who knew you but you couldn’t remember them for the life of you? Tell us about it.
I’m not entirely sure…I’ve been spoken to by someone who’s face I remember but couldn’t remember their name. It’s pretty awkward, especially when they speak to you and use your name. You can’t really focus on what they are saying because you are trying to remember where you met them and what their name was. You don’t want to ask because it makes you look bad and them feel bad that they remembered you but you couldn’t remember them.
8. What was your favorite nursery rhyme?
It’s been so long since I heard a nursery rhyme, I’m not sure if I remember any. Um…Little Bo Peep. To me it says when you can’t find something give it time, it will come to you. Even at that age we were being given amazing advice. I can’t count the times I’ve searched for something and never found it only to have it turn up when I was expecting it or looking.
9. What nicknames do you have/have had?
Kuita, Jay, Chiquita Banana, Mama Mia, Kay, Johnson, and the list goes on.
10. What was the first film you remember seeing at the cinema?
Well I’m not sure if it’s the first but I do remember going to the movie to see Queen of the Damned when it first came out. I went with a bunch of my friends from school. I remembered being so excited because once I knew the movie was coming out and someone told me their was a book, I read it before I saw the movie. I fell in LOVE! The book was so amazing and I was looking forward to it being on film. I had watched Interview with the Vampire on television or VHS can’t remember and I loved it (this was before I read the book mind you) and I thought awesome. This is going to be awesome. Needless to say the first time I saw Queen of the Damned in theater I was not impressed. At all. I was heartbroken and angry. So much was in that book and the movie fell way short. Later I found an appreciation for the movie as it’s own thing. I had to take away what I knew from the book and just enjoy it for what it was.
Well there you have it folks! My little tidbits! Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
International Book Promotion
Nina Mason Romance
YA on my Mind
Julianne Q. Johnson
Life In ‘E’ Motion
Michelle Abbott’s Blog
A TiffyFit’s Reading Corner
Dusk Til Dawn Book Blog
Please answer these questions before accepting your award:
1. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
2. If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would it be? Why?
3. Who is your best friend? Why?
4. What is the best memory you have? Why?
5. If you could change on moment in your life what would it be?
6. Is it better to have love in and lost than to never have loved at all?
7. Where do you do your best thinking?
8. If you could change your name, what would it be? Why?
9. iPhone or Android?
10. What do you think of social media?
11. If you could start up your own business what would it be?
Good luck and enjoy!